[Please note that Amazon.com is currently restocking the book. Might we suggest buying from Barnes and Noble in the meantime?]
OneStream is a world-class Intelligent Finance Platform that handles the complex planning, consolidation, reporting and other requirements of mid-sized to large enterprises. Whether in retail, financial services, manufacturing or other industries, the OneStream platform provides the means to integrate multiple data sources and utilize a wide range of tools and methodologies to improve business processes and performance. Through OneStream, organizations benefit from unified, real-time, enterprise-wide planning and forecasting.
Aimed at OneStream Planning practitioners, administrators, implementors, and power users alike, as well as Financial close and consolidations practitioners, OneStream Planning: The Why, How and When is the first standalone book in the performance management space to cover the power and potential of Planning in OneStream. Drawing from real-world deployments, the book is rooted in easily understood business use cases, and explains approaches (with code) through a comprehensive exploration of the solution. All this is offered within a framework of top functional and technical practice as informed by the authors’ decades-long consulting and application development experiences.
- Which should I do – Import or Direct Load, Consolidate or Aggregate?
- How do Data Buffers really work; what is Eval and why should I care? Which approach is fastest and does it really matter?
- Why Multiyear Scenarios should never be Yearly
- Can Thing Planning run in the Spreadsheet? (It can.)
- Combining REST API and Analytic Blend
- Slice Security down to the very tiniest slice
- Pivot Grid or Large Pivot Grid, that is the question
- A book filled with clear use cases
- Exhaustively tested and verified solutions, and extensive source code
- Undocumented features and functionality covered, along with functional and technical good practices
Note: Any Files provided for Exercises in this OneStream Press Book are for the use of Customers and Partners in an On-Premise environment and are not supported by the OneStream Support Team.
The information contained within this book is relevant to software version 3.5.6
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Theory, Philosophy, and Practice
Chapter 2: Core Planning I – Data and Calculations
Chapter 3: Core Planning II – Command and Control the Cube
Chapter 4: Planning Without Limits
Chapter 5: All Data Points Lead to Reporting and Analysis
Chapter 6: Specialty Planning Analysis
Authors: Cameron Lackpour & Celvin Kattookaran
Published 20 December 2021
When you purchase through select links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you.